||Lead Engineer - Rotating Equipment
||Roles at this level are Team Leads, leading / managing a team of experienced and entry-level engineers. Teams typically peform similar type of work with diffference in the discipline and nature of projects
This role requires domain expertise of the specific discipline
|Key Role & Responsibility
||Proposal & Project Execution
- Create concepts, execution plans to provide robust technical and cost effective solutions specific to the project / customer
- Analyse contract and examine relevant scope and interfaces
- Early identification of risks and implement mitigations
- Participate in budget and execution schedule review
- Estimate cost and concept for proposals
- Deliver quality deliverable and control budget and schedule
- Develop cost effective, quality and HSE related concepts and solutions
- Review critical calculations, specifications, concepts and approve project deliverables
- Manage mid size project / proposal independently or Area Lead of a large size project
Interface Management & Alignment
- Co-ordinate with other EN disciplines and functions, vendors, sub-contractors, clients, PMC and entities
- Co-ordinate and supervise quality of the the team and external partners
- Work with matrix organization ie. reporting to Project/Engineering Managers for project matters and Line Managers for functional matters
Development & Continuous Improvement
- Contribute towards organizational quality, training and improvement initiatives and implementation in the projects, proposals
- Participate as auditee during internal and external process and technical audits and accountable for closure of audit, implementation of preventive and corrective actions
- Conduct technical meetings with the department for know-how backflow and lessons learnt
- Plan, manage resources including task assignment to project team members within the project
- Monitor, coach and develop team to enhance overall capabilities
||Mid size project size:
MHs - 10,000 to 15,000 / Team size - 5+
Lead engineer of minimum 2 small size projects or Area Lead of a mid project
|Education qualification & Experience
||1. Bachelor of Mechanical/Production/ Chemical Engineering with 12+ years or Diploma in Mechanical/Production Engineering with 18+ years of experience
2. Site experience will be an added advantage
||The Candidate should have experience in design & engineering of various rotating equipment such as turbo compressors, steam turbines, reciprocating compressors, and auxiliary equipment like oil systems used for refineries, petrochemical plants & chemical process industry.
Elaboration of technical evaluation of vendor offers as well as preparation of Technical Bid Tabulation.
Detail Engineering with machine vendors and clients as well as in-house coordination with all related disciplines like civil, electrical, instrumentation, piping, safety, process engineering, purchasing dept, etc.
Mechanical, functional, hydraulic and thermodynamic testing of compressors, turbines, pumps and oil systems in acc. with API, ASME, clients/ contractors requirements
Experience in basic thermodynamic calculations for the design of compressors and steam turbines based on technical regulations and API Standards
Good knowledge of content and use of API Standards 610, 611, 612, 614, 617, 618, 619, 674, 675, 676, 685, 682
Good knowledge regarding the anti-surge systems and vibration systems of compressors and over speed protection systems of steam turbines
Experience in technical calculations for the design and dimensioning of pumps and selection of shaft seal systems based on technical regulations and API Standards.
Pressure drop calculation at suction and discharge piping systems of pumps as well as NPSHR and NPSHA calculations acc. to international standards and regulations
Implementation of component requirement specifications for the gas seal systems, mechanical seal systems & lube oil systems, water condensing systems
||Able to specify requirements, tackle interdisciplinary issues.
Ability to guide a team of engineers.
Makes decisions independently on engineering challenges and methods.
Representing the department in meetings.
Answers questions and coordinates work with other disciplines internally as well as at vendor's side.
Applicant must be willing to travel internationally
Should be good at communication with good leadership skills and should be able to handle a team of people efficiently.
Provide managerial skills with leadership qualities and eager on continuous learning with problem solving attitude.
||Oil and Gas/ Petrochemical /Chemical Process Plants Licenser or EPC company