||Expediting Senior Executive Engineer
||Responsible for processing purchase order requisitions and supplier invoices to ensure economical purchasing decisions are made and cost paid to suppliers match the value of the goods and services provided. Requires less supervision
|Key Role & Responsibility
-Liaises between requisitioner and suppliers to ensure ongoing service is provided
-Supports in negotiating with the suppliers on cost, quality and lead-time to ensure maximum benefit to the company
-Reviews inventories and orders
-Tracks and reports the purchase order status
-Reviews deliveries against the orders
-Ensures that invoices are sent to accounts for payment
-Is responsible for constantly monitoring the market evolution in terms of process, work load of the suppliers and in particular for proposing new suppliers
-Maintains and updates the vendor databases/ supplier listings and purchasing department records
-Prepares quotation requests and analyses quotations for best value purchases
-Ensures vendor adherence to Linde quality and safety requirements
-Expedites orders, reports the vendor performance and verifies claims for progress payments
||+5 million USD
+10% Budget savings
+30% global enquiry success rate
+12% Negotiation success
<2% OSDs (w.r.t. no. of orders)
<50 days of procurement cycle time
|Education qualification & Experience
||Bachelor's degree in Engineering discipline(Mechanical is preferred)
preferably with a MBA or Material Management Diploma
Minimum 5 to 10 years of experience in procurement with domain expertise in any industry/EPC is preferred
||• Understanding major technical specifications of ordered static, rotating, piping and package items.
• Obtaining, evaluating and agreement on planning data for execution of Purchase order from Vendor.
• Monitoring progress of engineering, procurement, manufacturing and testing for ordered items in purchase order.
• Identifying / evaluating delays occurred during execution and implementing mitigation plans for containing delays.
• Coordination with engineering, inspection, logistic and project management
• Liasoning with vendor for achieving milestone activities completion.
• Coordination of inspection activities and understanding results of inspections.
• Coordination for getting technical release from engineering.
• Coordinating with vendor to obtain ‘Ready for shipment’ status in supplier connect.
• Payment approvals for expediting milestones
• Penalty calculations and approval of penalty reports in SAP
• Maintaining updated status and forecast dates of inspections and final delivery in SAP-MM.
• Status reporting as per project templates.
• Coordination with colleagues globally like buyers, EQR etc of different entities.
• Overall responsibility for timely delivery of ordered items.
• Good in ‘speak/write/read’ English Language.
• Good communication skill for communicating with senior management of vendor as well as Linde.
• Analytical ability to analyse planning data and schedule for identifying delays.
• Sensible for escalation of issues to senior level.
• Ready to work at different locations: Home office, vendor sites, international assignments.
• Attitude to achieve results with required quality and safety.
• Understanding of different standards, drawings, Inspection & Test plans, and key vendor documents like GAD, ITP, test reports etc..
• Knowledge and background of manufacturing sequence and durations of various static, rotating, piping and package items.
• Cohesiveness for working in a team.
||EPC - Procurement/Expediting