|Job Title||:||Technical Safety and Risk Study Engineer|
|Department||:||Process & Environment Safety|
|Role Definition||:||Roles at this level are Technical subject matter experts. They work individually in solving complex technical issues and act as guide / mentors to others in their field of expertise. At this role - their technical expertise is critical in maintaining the competitiveness of the company. Most of the times, there are few replacements in the organisation.|
|Key Role & Responsibility||:||
• Independent management of a project / proposal at disciplinary level of high complexity.
• Responsible for performing and / or management of various Safety Studies viz. HAZID, HAZOP, SIL, QRA, Dispersion and Explosion analysis, FMEA, etc.
• Effectively perform interface engineering with Client, LE inter-disciplines, vendors, etc.
• Able to manage Basic Engineering, FEED and EPC of medium and large size project.
• Ability to plan, strategize and execute projects with the help of team members.
• Ability to understand critical interface issues and manage them properly
• Thorough understanding of process safety, plant safety and environmental safety including risk studies.
• Ability to coach, mentor and share knowledge.
• Development of department level standards, process improvement and quality management.
• Identifying training requirement and development of employees.
|Education qualification & Experience||:||• Bachelor’s / Master’s Degree in Chemical Engineering • Approx. 9 to 12 years of relevant job experience in engineering & design field in an EPC project execution environment preferably with site experience for large scale Oil & Gas/ Petrochemical Projects|
• Recognized successful leadership track record in large size projects.
• Work in a group of Process and Safety engineers to ensure that all process safety engineering tasks are performed within scheduled time, budget and quality for medium and large size projects
• Knowledge of National and International Codes and Standards relevant to Process & Environmental safety applicable to design, construction and operation of process plant.
• Experience of handling and performing various Safety studies such as Quantitative Risk Assessment (QRA), Reliability Availability Maintainability (RAM), Fire & Gas Dispersion and Explosion Hazard analysis, Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (FMEA), HAZOP, SIL, HAZID, Safety Critical Elements and Performance Standards, Technical Integrity Verification, Human Factors Engineering, F&G detector mapping, Noise Engineering etc.
• Experience of participation in various studies viz. HAZID, ENVID, HAZOP, SIL, LOPA, Bow-tie analysis, SIMOPS, PSSR, PHSER, etc.
• Performed Dispersion analysis, explosion analysis, Building Risk Assessment, Facility Siting study, etc.
• Managing HSE Action Tracking and Close out register
• Good in-depth knowledge on Process and Safety engineering activities.
• Should possess Project execution experience in one or more of product lines: Hydrogen, Ethylene Cracker, Acid Gas Removal, LNG train, Polypropylene, Polyethylene, SRU, Ammonia
• Technical and administrative support to multiple projects / proposals.
5. PHA Pro
|Targeted Industries||:||Large EPC Organization, Process Licensors, Consultancy organizations, Process Engineer in a large Refinery or Petrochemical plants|