||Revit Architectural – Senior Designer
||Civil & Steel Structures 2
||Roles at this level are Lead Designers, leading / managing a team of experienced and entry-level designers. Teams typically peform similar type of work with diffference in the discipline and nature of projects.
This role requires domain expertise of the specific discipline
|Key Role & Responsibility
||Proposal & Project Execution
-Technical professional level involvement at discipline level in a project / proposal at disciplinary of high complexity,
-Expert role for 3D / 2D designing for assigned project,
- Estimate drawings and man hours for the design activity
- Support estimation of cost and concept for proposals
-Review & drive the progress for all types of designs & drawings
- Manage Lead designer role for a mid size, complex project / proposal independently or for multiple smaller projects / proposal teams independently
Project Planning & Execution
- Participate in project planning and schedule development
- Control/monitor design quality, progress and schedule to ensure customer requirements are fulfilled
- Analyse design changes and incorporate these changes in design with minimum impact on budget and schedule.
- Ensure client requirements are incorporated in the design
- Participate in Design reviews / Model reviews
-Responsible for design, review, MTO delivery for their own area of responsibility
Interface Management & Alignment
- Internal and external co-ordination with other disciplines, functions and sub-contractors.
- Co-ordinate and supervise quality of the designer team and external partners
- Ensure implementation of various work instructions & workflows,
- Conduct regular lessons to learn meetings & implement past lesson learnt,
- Guiding, training & mentoring team of designers / young engineers,
- Able to implement & drive identified improvements initiatives,
- Prepare, implement quality procedures, work instructions & check lists
- Plan, manage resources including task assignment to project designer team members
- Monitor, coach and develop designer team to enhance overall capabilities
- Support DH in administrative tasks, recruitment, learning and development, department competency enhancement
- Support TL in Project planning, progress monitoring and reporting,
||Lead designer for Mid size project of size:
MHs - 40,000 to 70,000 / Team Size - 20+
Or Lead Area Designer of a large project
|Education qualification & Experience
||1. Diploma in Civil Engineering with 12+ years experience or ITI in Civil with 15+ years experience
||- Architectural and Structural knowledge of buildings.
- Hands on experience of producing 3D modeling (BIM) and associated drawings in REVIT Architecture.
- Familiar with current BIM standards and should be able to work minimum with LOD 300.
- Coordination with other disciplines e.g., Civil Structure, MEP, E&I, Piping & Safety.
- Support to manage outsourced work packages.
- Support preparation of inquiry documents, reviewing of the outsourced Deliverables / 3D models.
- Knowledge of materials, construction techniques, and building codes.
- Review of architectural models and drawings,
-Knowledge of concrete and steel buildings architecture
||- Expert in using REVIT Architecture
- Ability to use Model review /clash detection tools e.g., Navis Works.
- Experience of Producing highly detailed and accurate GA and construction drawings with detailed 3D modeling.
- Exposure to global project execution and architectural design practices of US, European countries and Middle East region.
-Coordination with other disciplines e.g., Civil Structure, MEP, E&I, Piping & Safety.
- MTO and Schedule extraction from the 3D model.
-Effective communication skills. (Understand – Verbal and Written English language).
- Flexibility for assignments & deputations.
-Willing to take added responsibilities with proactive approach
||- EPC companies, engineering firms involved in process plant design & buildings design, managing overseas and Local industrial projects.