||Senior Designer : RCC & Under Ground ( Tekla or Revit) - On Fixed Term Contract Basis
||Civil & Steel Structures 2
||Roles at this level are Lead Designers, leading / managing a team of experienced and entry-level designers. Teams typically peform similar type of work with diffference in the discipline and nature of projects.
This role requires domain expertise of the specific discipline
|Key Role & Responsibility
||Proposal & Project Execution
-Technical professional level involvement at discipline level in a project / proposal at disciplinary of high complexity,
-Expert role for 3D / 2D designing for assigned project,
- Estimate drawings and man hours for the design activity
- Support estimation of cost and concept for proposals
-Review & drive the progress for all types of designs & drawings
- Manage Lead designer role for a mid size, complex project / proposal independently or for multiple smaller projects / proposal teams independently
Project Planning & Execution
- Participate in project planning and schedule development
- Control/monitor design quality, progress and schedule to ensure customer requirements are fulfilled
- Analyse design changes and incorporate these changes in design with minimum impact on budget and schedule.
- Ensure client requirements are incorporated in the design
- Participate in Design reviews / Model reviews
-Responsible for design, review, MTO delivery for their own area of responsibility
Interface Management & Alignment
- Internal and external co-ordination with other disciplines, functions and sub-contractors.
- Co-ordinate and supervise quality of the designer team and external partners
- Ensure implementation of various work instructions & workflows,
- Conduct regular lessons to learn meetings & implement past lesson learnt,
- Guiding, training & mentoring team of designers / young engineers,
- Able to implement & drive identified improvements initiatives,
- Prepare, implement quality procedures, work instructions & check lists
- Plan, manage resources including task assignment to project designer team members
- Monitor, coach and develop designer team to enhance overall capabilities
- Support DH in administrative tasks, recruitment, learning and development, department competency enhancement
- Support TL in Project planning, progress monitoring and reporting,
||Lead designer for Mid size project of size:
MHs - 40,000 to 70,000 / Team Size - 20+
Or Lead Area Designer of a large project
|Education qualification & Experience
||1. Diploma in Civil Engineering with 12+ years experience or ITI in Civil with 15+ years experience
||- Modelling of foundations, structures and plant infrastructure - roads, paving, underground drainage systems, trench, fencing, culverts etc.
- Extraction for drawings from model incl. overall layout drawings, concrete formwork and reinforcement drawings and schedules and detailing
- MTO calculation and extraction from Model, Earthwork quantity calculation from 3D model
- Knowledge of materials, construction techniques, codes and standards
- Experience in Modelling, Preparation of Tekla catalogue, customized report of concrete, Underground (U/G) & Infra structure items using Tekla structures
- Preparation of drawing list, standard drawings.
- Experience of Model review tools e.g. SPR, Navis Works
- Experience in inter disciplinary model checks and clash run.
- Familiar with codal requirements and best detailing practices for concrete, U/G and reinforcement detailing.
- Experience in project CAD project set-up and customization.
- Familiar with BIM standards,
- For Revit : experience with customization, Dynamo, family creation, routine trouble shooting; For Tekla: experience with customization, developing catalogues, developing tool/utility will be added advantage.
||- Preparation of 3D model, Drafting, Reinforced Concrete (RC) & U/G drawings
- Rebar Modelling & BBS (Bar Bending Schedule)
- MTO calculation
- Tekla Structures OR Revit are MUST,
- Manage Interoperability with other CAD platforms eg. S3D/E3D
- AutoCAD, Aveva E3D/PDMS, SP3D, SPR,Tekla BIMSight / Trimble Connect; ArchiCAD are added advantage
||- EPC companies, engineering firms involved in Process plant design
| Min Experience
| EPC Experience