|Job Title / Position
||Sr Engineer – Process and Environmental Safety
||Process & Environment Safety
||Bachelor’s / Master’s Degree in Chemical Engineering
|Technical / Subject Knowledge
- Recognized successful leadership track record in large size projects.
- Work in a group of Process and Safety engineers to ensure that all process safety engineering tasks are performed within scheduled time, budget and quality for medium and large size projects
- Knowledge of National and International Codes and Standards relevant to Process & Environmental safety applicable to design, construction and operation of process plant.
- Good in-depth knowledge on following Process Safety activities:
- Determination of mechanical design conditions and safeguarding of piping and equipment
- PSV relief load calculation, size selection and datasheet preparation and procurement
- Flare load summary preparation, flare header / flare network designing and flare KOD sizing
- SIL study and shut down system design acc. IEC61511
- Preparation of Emergency Isolation and Depressurization system concept and report
- Explosion Protection system (Hazardous Area Classification concept, schedule and drawings)
- Management of HAZOP / HAZID / HAZAN reviews
- Participate in P&ID review and technical understanding of safety and risk engineering aspects in layout studies
- Broad understanding of following Plant Safety activities:
- Preparation of fire hazardous area plan (Passive fire protection list and extent) and fire-fighting equipment plot plan
- Calculation of fire water demand and knowledge of deluge systems, water spray systems, clean agent systems, CO2 suppression systems, sizing of fire water main ring
- Design fire and gas detection system, allocation and layout preparation
- Capability to handle HAZOP and SIL review as chairman
- Should possess Project execution experience in one or more of product lines: Hydrogen, Ethylene Cracker, Polypropylene, Polyethylene, SRU, Ammonia
- Technical and administrative support to multiple projects / proposals.
Software Tools & Technology
5. PHA Pro
||Large EPC Organization, Process Licensors, Consultancy organizations, Process Engineer in a large Refinery or Petrochemical plants
|Key Role & Responsibility
- Independent management of a project / proposal at disciplinary level of high complexity.
- Responsible for management of all activities or areas related to Process and Environmental Safety department/ discipline in the large size project having global set-up i.e. LEHQ, LEI & LENA.
- Able to prepare project execution strategies
- Able to identify & perform department specific Risk management
- Able to manage Basic Engineering, FEED and EPC of medium and large size project.
- Independent management of the engineering, specification, procurement, execution tasks up to end of engineering scope.
- Ability to plan, strategize and execute large project with the help of team members.
- Ability to understand critical interface issues and manage them properly
- Thorough understanding of process safety, plant safety and environmental safety including risk studies.
- Ability to coach, mentor and share knowledge.
- Development of department level standards, process improvement and quality management.
- Identifying training requirement and development of employees.
Should possess effective Leadership skills - Communication skills, Good attitude, Positive, Proactive and Analytical approach, good team spirit.
||Approx. 12 to 15 years of relevant job experience in engineering & design field in an EPC project execution environment preferably with site experience for large scale Oil & Gas/ Petrochemical Projects.
|Team Size Handled
||1 to 5